You can find the plugin configuration in your backend under Customers → UPS → Configuration. Use the Shop field at the top of the configuration to select the subshop for which you want to make the settings.
Sender data & access data
- Sender data – Enter name and address the sender in the following fields.
- Contact Person – Enter the name of the person who is to be contacted by UPS if necessary.
- Email address – Enter an e-mail address here that UPS can use to contact you.
- Phone number – The telephone number of the contact person at which they will be contacted if necessary. Please enter only one telephone number. This may only consist of numbers! It must not contain spaces, punctuation marks or special characters.
- UPS User-ID and password – Enter the My UPS account user ID and password that you use to log in to the My UPS web interface.
- Access Key – Enter your access key here.
- Account number – Enter your six-digit UPS account number here.
- Use testing web service – Activate this option if you want to use the testing web service.
- Negotiated Rates –If you have negotiated special discounted rates with UPS, this option must be activated in order to use the negotiated rates.
- Default packaging type – When sending parcels via UPS, you must always specify which type of packaging is used. If you usually use the same type of packaging, you can select here which type of packaging should be preselected in the create label dialogue.
- Product for return labels – Select the UPS product you would like to use for returns.
- Paper size – Specify the size of the shipping label PDFs here. The formats A5 and A6 are available.
Weight determination (in kilogram)
- Default shipment weight – The weights entered here are used when creating the shipping labels if automatic weight calculation is deactivated or (if weight calculation is activated) no weight is defined for any item within the order.
- Calculate shipment weight automatically – If this field is activated, the parcel weights are automatically calculated on the basis of the weights of the items contained as well as the percentage and fixed weight surcharges. Note: If a weight is not defined for all items when weight calculation is activated or individual item weights are less than 0.1 kg, a default value of 0.1 kg is assumed for each of the affected items. The weight contained on the shipping label may therefore differ from the weight displayed/entered in the backend.
- Percentage weight addition for filling material – Percentage weight surcharge for filling material based on the sum of the item weights if automatic weight calculation is activated.
- Fixed weight addition for packaging material – Fixed weight surcharge in kilograms for packaging material when automatic weight calculation is activated.
E-mail notifications from UPS to the customer
You can find general information here. Below you will find the settings that apply specifically to the UPS adapter.
- Enable automatic dispatch notifications - Here you can enable automatic dispatch notifications from UPS.
- Custom Text for automatic dispatch notifications - Allows you to enter custom text that UPS will include in the text of the shipping notification email.
- Enable automatic dispatch notifications - Activate this box if customers are to receive an email with delivery information after dispatch.
- Show title on shipping label – Uncheck this option to not display a salutation on the shipping label.
Cash on delivery
See this article to find out how to configure the cash on delivery service option.